All aid provided by Wings during the time of army service is in full coordination with the IDF.
The services include:
- Financial assistance for lone soldiers who are sick or hospitalized and therefore temporarily released from army service with a medical profile of 24. This change in status means a pause in receiving an army salary and benefits.
- Emergency intervention during war time: Locating lone immigrant soldiers who have been injured in order to visit with them, give them immediate financial assistance, and bring their family members to Israel as well as help them financially during their time in Israel.
- Financial aid following a crisis: stolen items/house fire/unplanned move due to extraordinary circumstances/unjustified claims
- Advocacy and Assitance in utilizing rights and benefits as a lone soldier in the IDF and in civil institutions.
- Support and Personal Guidance through matching lone soldiers with mentors.
- Parental Support: providing support, explanations, and when necessary locating soldiers for parents who reside abroad.
For more information on the aid provided by Wings to lone soldiers during their army service please contact Igal Shteinman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographs on this page by Alexi Rosenfeld, IDF Spokesperson's Unit